Saturday, July 8, 2017

About Mrs. Coldwell

Hi Parents and Students!

I am genuinely excited for the 2017-2018 school year! I know we will have a great year!

Let me start out with my contact information
Please allow me 24 hours to respond to you during the week and 48 hours on the weekend.
School= XXX-XXX-XXX
Cell phone= XXX-XXX-XXX
Office hours= Monday-Friday 7:30-4:30
Email= X@school.com



I have been married to Jeremy for 9 years. Together we have 2 kids, Richie (5) and Hailee (1). We lived in Nebraska for 5 years while my husband was in the Air Force. Then we moved to Texas for a year and a half, Georgia for two years and in 2017 we made our final move back to Texas.
I graduated from Winfield High School in Winfield, KS in 2007 and Grand Canyon University in 2017.

FAVORITES
Color: pink
Restaurant: Mi Cocina
Fast Food: Sonic
Drink: Water
Dessert: Cookies, Ice Cream, Cheesecake
Sports Teams: Green Bay Packers and Texas Longhorns
Holiday: Christmas
Movie: Sweet Home Alabama
Music: Country
Season: Fall
Vacation Spot: Panama City Beach

EXPECTATIONS
I want your child to SUCCEED and have fun doing it! In order to make that happen there will be high expectations. There will be homework every night. Sometimes that will be an actual assignment, other times that will be reading. Please support your child with their homework. They need you! Please give them time and a quiet spot each night to finish homework.

CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT PHILOSOPHY
I will create a classroom that has easy-to-follow procedures, promotes kindness and diversity and is encouraging to everyone. I want everyone to have the same resources available but since there are students with limited internet access or limited parental support they must be able to find that in the classroom. They will feel supported by their peers as well as their teacher so that they can succeed.

Additionally, I want my classroom to be full of kind, selfless students that are willing to help their peers, especially if they are struggling. There are many students in the class profile that need the additional help. We will come together, as a class, to help those that are struggling so that no one stays behind. Students will leave my classroom at the end of the year with a bigger heart, a kinder touch and a more encouraging vocabulary. When one student falls, we all fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Student Engagement

One way to keep my students engaged is through academic support. My students will have more than a teacher; they will have a cheerleader, a ...