Saturday, July 8, 2017

Reading and Writing

I understand that some kids do not enjoy reading. I understand that not everyone is on the same reading level (some are ahead, some are behind). If your child needs to stay in from recess or stay after school, in order to work on their reading skills, I will be happy to help! I encourage you to encourage your student to read at home even if it means they are reading comic books. Read to them and let them read to you.






Writing can be fun for some, but not for all. I will work hard to make the writing topics interesting. We will be writing narratives (telling a story), opinions (giving your opinion about a topic) and explanatory (tell about a topic). Within reason, students will get to choose their topic so that it is something that it is something that will get their pencil on the paper and their minds working. I love creativity! I want students to have fun writing papers!


This link will help students that need additional help with reading and/or writing.

This link has a lot of books online



No comments:

Post a Comment

Student Engagement

One way to keep my students engaged is through academic support. My students will have more than a teacher; they will have a cheerleader, a ...